In recent years, it has become evident that organizations which use Scrum as their preferred project delivery framework consistently deliver very high Returns on Investment. The focus of Scrum on value–driven delivery helps Scrum Teams deliver results as early in the project as possible.
The SBOK™ Guide was developed as a means to create a necessary guide for organizations and project management practitioners who want to implement Scrum, as well as those already doing so who want to make needed improvements to their processes. It is based on experience drawn from thousands of projects across a variety of organizations and industries. The contributions of many Scrum experts and project management practitioners have been considered in its development.
The SBOK™ Guide is especially valuable:
- to Scrum Core Team members including:
- Product Owners who want to fully understand the Scrum framework and particularly the customer/stakeholder-related concerns involving business justification, quality, change, and risk aspects associated with Scrum projects
- Scrum Masters who want to learn their specific role in overseeing the application of Scrum framework to Scrum projects
- Scrum Team members who want to better understand Scrum processes and the associated tools that may be used to create the project’s product or service
- as a comprehensive guide for all Scrum practitioners working on Scrum projects in any organization or industry
- as a reference source for anyone interacting with the Scrum Core Team, including but not limited to the Portfolio Product Owner, Portfolio Scrum Master, Program Product Owner, Program Scrum Master, Scrum Guidance Body, and Stakeholders (i.e., sponsor, customer, and users)
- as a knowledge source for any person who has no prior experience or knowledge of Scrum framework but wants to learn in details about the subject
The contents of the SBOK™ Guide are also helpful for individuals preparing to write the following SCRUMstudy™ certification exams:
- Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™)
- Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
- Agile Expert Certified (AEC™)
- Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™)
- Expert Scrum Master Certified (ESMC™)