View CoursesHow to applyOverview
The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy upon successfully passing the certification exam.
|Certification||Prerequisites||Target Audience||Cost Of Exam||Maintaining Certification(RCUs)||Current Pass Rate (%)*|
|SPOC™||Nil||Preferably SDC™ (or) SMC™ certified professional||Anyone who interfaces with business stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum project.||USD 600||40 Recertification units every 2 years||93|
*Pass Rate for the SPOC™ examination indicates the percentage of candidates passing the exam in the first attempt who attempted all the questions.
- Multiple choice
- 140 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam.
- Current pass rate: 93%
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC™ or SMC™ Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SPOC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
How to Apply
- Register for free on SCRUMstudy.com and apply for the exam (OR) Attend a classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy Authorized Training Partner and register for free on SCRUMstudy.com.
- Apply for the exam by paying USD 600 or by using the exam voucher provided by the SCRUMstudy A.T.P. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
- Access the online course and take the exam
- Get access to online course on 'Introduction to Scrum'.
- Download SBOK™ Guide online version.
- Schedule the three hour online proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; and confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the three hour online proctored exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy Certification Registry.
- The physical certificate and a lapel pin will be shipped to you.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two free exam retakes.
To maintain the certification status, Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) professional will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 2 years.