Scrum originated from the activity related with the passage of ball among rugby players swiftly. The designing of scrum was such as to deal and manage fast changing necessities of the software industry.
It is one of the various frameworks of Agile Software Development used in the delivery of functional software with visible results towards end users and customers. It is a framework through which multifarious software development was possible as project management is also used along with it. The methodology of Scrum helps in delivering the product quicker, and in a far improved manner.
Scrum provides the following benefits –
- Enhances the swiftness of development
- Bring into line individual and business objectives
- Produce a performance focused culture
- Sustain value creation of stakeholders
- Attain steady and unswerving communication related with performance at whatsoever levels
- Augment development of individuals and lifestyles
- Diminishes wastage of time, money and effort on tasks unrelated to product delivery
The team which adopts Scrum executes their work through iterations completed in precise time increments which are known as sprints, ranging from 2-4 weeks. Sprint planning happens at the commencement of every iteration stage wherein events get picked out of the product backlog which needs to be worked on in the coming iteration.
The following are the roles found in Scrum -
- Define “what, when and why” for each facet of a product.
- Discuss and work out with the team on these aspects associated with cost and risk estimates.
- Vested powers by the organization for making decisions regarding ‘what and when’
- Skilled in making crucial decisions aligning with the changing team aspects
- Negotiating skills with the team on these aspects associated with cost and risk estimates
- Always available to the team for responding to queries the team puts up and making wise decisions
- A proficient expert in communication able to explain and justify
- A charismatic leader which naturally attracts followers
- Natural tendency towards business acumen
Delivery team member
- Figuring out the “who and how” for each facet of the product realization.
- Discuss and work out with the product owner on these aspects associated with value and risk estimates
- Comprehensive expert
- At ease with handling changing requirements but still strive for improvement
- Effective Team player
- Possesses technical skills and up-to-date
- Plays the role of a leader that serves the needs of the team.
- Hands-on team player willing to go the extra mile
- Dons the mantle of a teacher who trains the organization and the team players regarding continual improvement by embracing Agile.
- Organization shrewdness